I have so many things to be grateful for! I also have so many things that I want to accomplish. I casually say, ‘I want to…..’ all the time. One photographer I admire, Melissa Jill, has a 101 in 1001 she’s doing on her blog which has greatly inspired me.
What is 101 in 1001? It is a list of 101 things that you want to accomplish in 1001 days (almost 3 years). I love their motto to plan, create, motivate and achieve. Some things on my list are things that I’ve wanted to do forever, things I’ve done and want to do again. Some things on my list are crazy dreams that I need to work really hard to accomplish. I can totally do this. It’s an average of one thing every ten days.
Starting Day: November 25, 2011
Ending Day: August 22, 2014 This is the calculator I used to figure out my end date
- ride a tandem bike
- make paella. I’ve always wanted to cook with saffron. It’s such a pretty color. Most likely I’ll make it with chicken, shrimp and steak.
- photograph newborn twins
- watch all 31 Audrey Hepburn movies
- make homemade pasta
- make an apple crate bookshelf like this one I’ve seen all over pinterest
have something from my website pinned on pinterest…of course not by me 🙂 Thank Janey!
- grow a garden
- make an awesome photo collage for my house
- make snow angels. really, I’ve never done this.
- run a 5k
- make a snow man
- have a photo published
be a guest writer on another blog Thanks Shelly and Chad!
buy something fun from photojojo
- read and review 12 business/photography books
photograph a beloved session This concept is tied into every wedding, engagement and family session.
- eat french fries at the Boise Fry Company
wake up early and go to bed early every day for a week I *honestly* really love the early morning hours.
make my mother in law’s famous cinnamon, coconut and lemon syrups a great brunch courtesy of my brother in law.
- ride in a hot air balloon
- make homemade fruit leather
- visit the spiral jetti at the Great Salt Lake
- take my husband to see a musical
- semi-master calligraphy
- enter photos in a print competition
upgrade my 15” laptop I can’t believe I ever edited on a little lap top. I’m in love with my 27″ iMac!
go camping the first of many after this post was Strawberry Reservoir with our neighbors
- try light painting photography
- master off camera flash
visit my mother in law’s grave. I’ve only been once in 4 years.
change my blog layout to include a sidebar Thank you Emily from Seaside Creative for the remodel
- master custom kelvin temperature setting
try 10 new cheeses January 2012
cook with 10 new herbs
get eyelash extensions. I’ve wanted them for more than 5 years. It’s time to do it!
photograph a session with film and send it to Richard’s
- play Halo with my husband…this is one is 110% because I love him!
- photograph season prints to display in my home and rotate with each season. Thanks Kristin for the great idea!
go paperless using Evernote I’ve also added my recipes to evernote!
- go cross country skiing
- print and distribute Belinda Olsen Photography marketing literature
- have a baby. I don’t entirely get to plan this one…
outsource! Thank you Colorati!!!
- be a full time photographer
- mentor a new photographer
have my dad teach me how to tie a fly
- go fly fishing with my dad (using the above mentioned fly)
- get 500 ‘likes’ on Belinda Olsen Photography FB page today I’m at 351
- see a movie in 4-d
- photograph a child with special needs. They have the sweetest spirits and love unconditionally.
organize my computer files after countless hours and feeling liberated. Check. and. mark. March 2012
take photos for a local company visit my work website to see a few www.aquamira.com
- blog everyday for a month
- volunteer at a soup kitchen or the local food pantry
- visit a state I’ve never been to…hopefully Texas. Austin is calling my name!
- start selling fine art photography
- stay at a bed & breakfast
- take a pottery class
- share a Book of Mormon with someone I know
go to a Jazz game and sit in the lower bowl section
- have a real Christmas tree
- become a NILMDTS photographer
dance with Craig in the rain or at least splash in a lot of puddles together
get letterpress business cards
- make a business promo video
- go to a drive in movie
- visit the Guggenheim (first choice!) but any art museum would be awesome
- go ice skating at the Center Street Ice Rink in Logan
learn how to can
- climb a tree
get a massage
- attend a SMUG meeting
- take voice lessons
- play my cello in a public setting
- pay off my car
photograph a birth
- drive one of my grandpa’s restored cars
- have my mom help me sew something for me to wear that has a zipper in it. I am intimidated by zippers and always put in elastic.
- have a professional manicure done with an awesome design
- conceptualize a shoot, have it styled by local vendors, and shoot it
- develop a photography referral program/gift
photograph the sunrise and sunset in the same day Christmas 2011
host an Amy Atlasesque party. If you don’t know what I’m talking about you must check out her portfolio!
- make a headboard
- develop and offer albums. too many people have pictures taken and they sit on a disc somewhere.
- read Jesus the Christ all the way through
- buy a piece of art from a local artist
- go to the driving range
meet with a nutritionist
meet with a personal trainer
- try all of Ruby Snap’s seasonal cookies for a year. (there will be a pass for any cookies that have alcohol) Her cookies are the best!!! December, January was coffee cookie which had a pass, March
- fly a kite
- go karaoking
- get my client questionnaire & portrait agreement online with machforms
- start a blog series to include recipes, food photography
- create a Belinda Olsen Photography newsletter
- hit comment #500 on my blog. Right now I’m at #138….go ahead and leave some comment love below to help me hit this goal! xoxoxo
Phew. That was a long blog post! I really think that you should start a 101 in 1001 and work on accomplishing your ‘bucket list’ with me. I would love to have help accomplishing things on my list and would love to help you accomplish things on your list too!